1. Read more. This should be pretty easy, considering I'm only taking three classes, and I graduate in May. Hellooooo, free time!
2. Complete the 2011 Debut Author Challenge. Also easy. I'm participating, as well as the girls at Let the Words Flow, so you'll have plenty of book recommendations in the coming months.
3. Write more. Not necessarily every day, because sometimes that's just not possible. But no more of those lingering month-long stretches where I don't touch Word.
4. Find an agent. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
5. Read the newspaper at least three times a week. I'm pathetically behind in non-publishing-related news.
Some other things I'm hoping to accomplish this year:
- Get into the Columbia Publishing Course
- Move to NYC or D.C. this summer
- Get a job in publishing
- Get a pet (that isn't a fish or a mouse)
- Spend more time at the gym. I totally slacked this semester.
- Go to Ikea (No, I've never been. I'm embarrassed to admit it.)
What about you guys? What are your resolutions for 2011?