- I cannot write novels single-spaced. It drives me up a wall. Everything looks so cramped, and it makes my head hurt.
- Times New Roman, size 12. It hasn't failed me yet.
- I must have cheesy popcorn and a caffeine-free carbonated beverage nearby. I don't care what it is, it just has to be fizzy. Lately it's been Mug diet rootbeer.
- 95% of the time, I write in bed. Two pillows.
- I stole one of my dad's plaid shirts a while back, and for some reason it's turned into a writing uniform of sorts. If it isn't in the laundry bin, I'm probably wearing it.
- Hair must be tied back.
- I write out a rough query letter with each project I start.
- Every first draft I finish means a new moleskine purchased. They're for revisions, I promise!
- Even though I'm a music whore, I can't write with music on. Even instrumental. Though I still make a playlist for every book I write, even if I end up abandoning the project.
Now I know you've all got your own quirks, so give 'em up, folks!