But what could I possibly talk about, you wonder?
The answer, dear readers, is simple. Myself! I shall talk about myself. And then you shall talk about yourselves so I can get to know you better, and you can get to know me better, and then we can all be friends, because everyone likes having more friends. I know I do. And that was a really long (and really unnecessary) sentence.
So! Without further ado, this is what my sleep-deprived brain has come up with for you today:
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME BUT PROBABLY DON'T. OR MAYBE YOU DO. I DON'T KNOW.
- I'm only 5 feet tall, and I haven't grown since 5th grade. All of my clothes still fit. No joke.
- My full name is Samantha, but only my dentist (whom I loathe) calls me that.
- I have a younger brother (20) and sister (17).
- My aunt spells my name wrong on every card she sends me. I don't think I've ever seen it spelled correctly. And she's known me for nearly 23 years.
- I'm obsessed with cheesy popcorn.
- And you can pretty much bribe me to do anything with a box of Andes mints.
- I've lived in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ireland, and Washington, D.C.
- Kirk Cameron (before he turned into a crazy preacher man) was the reason I became a writer.
- I've gone to a different university every fall.
- I hate touching raw meat. I think it's a legit phobia, or something. I just won't do it.
- However, I love eating meat. Go figure.
- Bina women are notoriously good bakers. I'm thankful to have inherited that from my mom.
- There's a raccoon living in my attic as we speak. I hate him.
- If anything, I'm probably TOO optimistic.
- I love 90s UK/Irish television.
- I live for monopoly season at McDonald's.
- Not a big fan of big crowds.
- I've never been to a baseball game.
- I don't like the movie Pulp Fiction. Sue me.
- I also think MOBY DICK and HEART OF DARKNESS are the two worst books ever published.
- I'm one of those losers who paints their nails every day or two.
- You'll probably never see me with the same hair color. Though I have been a redhead for the last year...
- The people at Sephora know me by name. I can't decide if this is a bad thing or a good thing.
- I think you can put avocados on anything and it instantly makes that thing 10x better.
- I hate Wisconsin.
- Fall is my favorite season.
- Call me crazy, but I love riding public transportation.
- I like mice.
- My favorite color is Tiffany Box Blue.
- Until this past summer, I was petrified of dogs.
- I'm not good with money.
- I have this weird obsession with owls.
- I've had my current Netflix movie for three months. Mostly because I'm too lazy to open the envelope, watch it, and return it.
- I miss Boo Radley. I need a new mouse. One that doesn't have rabies, which means the ones infesting my house are out.
- I never have a black pen on me because I lose them all.
- I think budget theaters are the best things ever.
- I did theater in high school. I miss it.
- I'm not afraid to admit I have an entire playlist on iTunes dedicated to my favorite 90s songs.
- David Bowie rocks my world.
- I can't drink caffeine.
- I went through this really awful phase in high school where I wore pants that could fit four of me, skater t-shirts, and chains. Luckily it only lasted for a month or two, but it's one of the most embarrassing/horrifying memories I have.
- If I could, I'd dye my hair pink again.
- Breakfast at Tiffany's and My Big Fat Greek Wedding are my two favorite movies.
- Do you remember Sully from Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman? I wanted to marry him when I was a kid.
- Hoarders is my not-so-secret guilty pleasure.
- I can happily claim to have never done drugs. Or even smoked a cigarette.
- I like mojitos.
- I sleep with my window open year round. Even in winter. When it's below freezing.
- My room is an ice box right now. And the window isn't open.
- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time was my favorite computer game as a kid. I can still quote most of it. I keep telling myself that doesn't make me pathetic.
- I like taking stupid pictures of myself. This generally happens when I'm tired. See below:
Lucky for you guys, none of these are from today. Because I look like a member of the homeless walking dead. Midterms will do that to you.
Now it's your turn to share! Tell me something about yourself. Anything. Post a picture. I don't care. But I'd like to get to know my readers! If anything, it's an excellent source of procrastination for those of you still in the midst of midterms! Or parenting. Or grown-up jobs.
Come on. You know you want to.