Monday, July 19, 2010

Linkage and Things

Today is all about Linkage and Things, which is similar to Linen and Things, but infinitely better. As in, I share with you some amusing links, both publishing and non-publishing related. No matter what you click on, you know it'll be goooood.

SlushPile Hell: If you haven't already peed yourself over the massive amount of query fails this agent shares with the world, you clearly are missing out.

Hyperbole and a Half: It's in my sidebar, but I'm putting it here too because it's just too awesome for words. Another pee-your-pants-worthy blog. Particular favorites would be "Dog," "This is Why I'll Never be an Adult" and "A Better Pain Rating Scale," but everything is equally hilarious.

The Rejectionist: More lol-worthy fails in the world of publishing. Amongst other things.

Passive Aggressive Notes: You know those annoying notes your roommate leaves you when you forget to put the dishes away? These are way better.

Improv Everywhere: This makes me so happy I'll be moving to NYC in a year. I need to see Darth Vader on the subway.

Nathan Bransford's Blog: He's just really witty and I kind of want to be him.

3 comments:

  1. oooh i love improv everywhere! and hyperbole and a half (so freaking funny). nice link list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've almost wet myself from reading Hyperbole and a Half numerous times. It's dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for introducing me to Hyperbole and a Half. Really. I started reading it last night like around 2am and...I was trying to keep the laughter to a minimum because my sister sleeps in the same room as me. I sounded like I was half-choking and half-coughing up something. BUT, thanks again. By posting that link, I have a blog to go to where I can laugh. And you're even more awesome for posting the intern stuff, because I'm hoping to get on the publishing way one day.

    And I just found out that you're the SamanthaNicole from FictionPress in a total epiphany moment! I've never read any of your stories, but I've heard so much praise for them. I even got an LJ and applied for PH, which they accepted...and I was so sure that I clicked the JOIN COMMUNITY button because I had done it and *poof*, the application that I had just filled out disappeared. So I don't know what happened. Hopefully, the ladies at PH will be able to excuse my technology brain fart.

    I really hope you get published. I've read that excerpt up there, and it is done really well. :) Best of luck on your manuscripts.

    -Summer

    ReplyDelete