Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Intern

For those of you who follow my ho-hum-this-is-my-life blog, you already know about this, but I thought I'd announce it on blogger as well. For the next four months, I'm going to be moving to Washington, DC to intern with the Elaine P. English Literary Agency (their blog can be found in the sidebar, for anyone interested). Elaine and Naomi were both incredibly nice and encouraging during our phone interview last week, and I can't wait to actually start working! I've been told I'll be blogging for them as well, so when I do post there, I'll be sure to leave a link. I'll also be doing administrative stuff, as well as reading queries, and all that goes along with it. It's all very exciting, and even though I have a place to stay (Thanks again, Simmy!), and my plane tickets, it's kind of surreal. 45 internship applications landed me with the perfect one. Like one of my earlier posts said, perseverance pays off!

Besides that, some new things going on in my life:
1. Tonight the Madison Review (the literary journal I work for) is hosting a reading for this year's thesis students, and because I qualify under both titles, I'll be reading from ch.1 of TANGO. Nervous, but exciting!
2. I've begun writing the sequel to TANGO, entitled The Age of Consequence (TAC). Also exciting! (More than, but I'm at a loss for words as to how happy this makes me.)

Oh, and a public service announcement! If you live in Madison, WI, come to the Union on Thursday for the release party of Souvenirs! This is a local magazine I work for, which focuses on study abroad stories and art. We're going to have copies of the issues for you, as well as some ethnic dancing and music, and a DJ (who's actually my friend's boyfriend). Oh, and there will be food as well. So you should come!

No comments:

Post a Comment